Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anybody "collect" Ebay names?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Allen

PostSubject: Anybody "collect" Ebay names?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:29 pm

If you've been on Ebay a while you start to recognize "regulars" for certain items. If you do business with them you learn their name and address. I used to trash the correspondence after a while but now I'm thinking of keeping an address list. I'd like to think that this would be a good way to keep track of "radio friends" (or not... Smile ) and for possible future correspondence or off-Ebay deals.

Does anyone maintain an Ebay contact list?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chas

Location : S. Dartmouth MA 02748-1225 ------------ Avatar: Uncle Tony's Shack

PostSubject: Re: Anybody "collect" Ebay names?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Quote :
'm thinking of keeping an address list.

Good idea, in the My Ebay, setup a favorite sellers, can also be buyers and use the notation box for the contact information...

I also keep a contact list for folks whom I have interacted with in ARF as well. It becomes useful when a someone forgets to include a reply address or an email contact. Very useful should ARF go down, to follow-up on classified interactions..
The ARF list is maintained on my favorite computer and is an Open Office database, similar to Excel.
All the information has to be hand entered but can be re-ordered and searched as needed.
I really should move the file to the Ubuntu Cloud so I can access it from any computer. I still can't wrap my head around the security in the Cloud though...

Chas
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Anybody "collect" Ebay names?
Page 1 of 1