Antique Radios Forum

This is the temporary home of the Antique Radio Forums while a new server to host it is being found. You will have to register here to post. Please Note: None of these topics will be preserved when the original forums are back.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Appendix(Bodily)Removal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron Reeland

Appendix(Bodily)Removal Empty
PostSubject: Appendix(Bodily)Removal   Appendix(Bodily)Removal EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi: My former neighbor boy (12 years old) just had his appendix removed. I am going to send a card and thought I would mention something about a strange event I seem to recall from the early 1950,s. My brother had his appendix removed way back then. The hospital brought it to his room while I was visiting. The appendix was immersed in alcohol in a sealed glass bottle. The nurse said he could take it home as a souvenir.

I am 66, so I do not always trust my memory. Am I having a pipe dream of some sort? Does anyone else recall a similar incident?

Thanks,
Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jack shirley

PostSubject: Re: Appendix(Bodily)Removal   Appendix(Bodily)Removal EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Unfortunately yes. My mother-in-law had a golfball sized tumor removed from her female regions about 10 years ago and they gave it to her in a jar to show her visitors. She didn't take it home, though. Ain't my kind of Brandy!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
edjacobs

PostSubject: Re: Appendix(Bodily)Removal   Appendix(Bodily)Removal EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:44 pm

That used to be pretty common to save body parts and take them home up till the 60's
Ed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sal Brisindi

PostSubject: Re: Appendix(Bodily)Removal   Appendix(Bodily)Removal EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:34 pm

I wish the hospital gave me my spleen and gall bladder when the surgeons removed them 10 years ago....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rodney

PostSubject: Re: Appendix(Bodily)Removal   Appendix(Bodily)Removal EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:43 pm

I had my appendix removed twice, the last one was removed July 2010 with a 5 day stay in the hospital.
Its called stump appendicitis for the unlucky few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appendix(Bodily)Removal   Appendix(Bodily)Removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Appendix(Bodily)Removal
Page 1 of 1